“Today I ask every citizen of this great nation to listen to the sound of silence caused by a generation lost to us, and then to raise their voices for all affected by abortion, both seen and unseen.”
President Donald J. Trump
Today President Trump will be the first sitting U.S. President to ever address the annual March for Life. This year’s theme emphasizes that pro-life is pro-woman.
I’ll be there marching with hundreds of thousands from across our nation. We’ll be marching with renewed hope that one day we will see an end to legalized abortion in our lifetimes, at any stage of pregnancy, for any reason.
Last Saturday, our CAP team marched with our fellow Arizonans. The Arizona Life Coalition march featured Gov. Doug Ducey, Abby Johnson, and Ryan Bomberger. One of the more special moments was when Mayra Rodriguez, the woman who won a wrongful termination lawsuit against Planned Parenthood, introduced Abby.
The Arizona march video is available here.
Abortion in Arizona
The latest statistical report from the Arizona Department of Health Services reveals this about Arizona:
12,438 preborn babies were aborted in Arizona in 2018. That is a slight decline from 12,533 the previous year.
The overall ratio of abortions increased slightly from 151 abortions per 1,000 live births in 2017, to 153 in 2018. But the ratio continues in a long-term downward trend.
The overall abortion rate in 2018 was 9.1 per 1,000 women of child-bearing age (15-44yrs)
While Arizona still has way too many abortions, at least the numbers aren’t rising in light of our tremendous population growth.
Women seeking to have an abortion need our help! CAP’s top legislative priority this year is to secure funding for serving women that are actively seeking to have an abortion.
HB 2388, The family health pilot program is designed to reach pregnant women that are often unaware of the services available to them or do not know how to access the services. For these women, providing a supportive voice paired with meaningful assistance is enough to give them the confidence to choose to continue their pregnancy. Read more here.
Meanwhile, Planned Parenthood announced a $45 million campaign to flip our state legislature along with a few other states. The abortion giant’s spokesperson cited the fear of losing abortion as the main reason for the costly campaign. Here is one news report.
Stand for Life –Action Steps
- Become informed. Reach and share CAP Policy Pages on Arizona Abortion Laws, Abortion Pill Rescue, Harms of Abortion, Morning Pill and Abortion.
- Volunteer at and support pregnancy resource centers serving women and their preborn babies.
- Read more about state legislative proposal to serve women seeking an abortion.
- Vote in 2020. To register, click here.
- Maria Baer corrects a recent report claiming women don’t regret their abortions in “Abortion Regret Isn’t a Myth”
- Read this insightful interview with Abby Johnson
- Paul Sullins has a one of a kind empirical study on what he calls Aborting the Wanted Child, an essay in Public
- Sad news from the Arizona Supreme Court yesterday. The Court ruled Ruby Torres cannot gain custody of her frozen embryos to be able to have them born and must donate them. News report here
- Check out FRC’s new Fetal Dignity Map showing the states that have passed fetal dignity laws, including the prohibition of selling aborted baby body parts.
Stay connected and consider receiving additional publications by joining the CAP Network.
Originally posted at https://www.azpolicy.org/2020/01/24/life-empowers-pro-life-is-pro-woman/.