Islam Update: New US Initiatives to Fight ISIS
Elliot Friedland The Clarion Project Thursday, October 26, 2017
Foreign fighters who have travelled to Syria to join and fight for the Islamic State must die in Syria, a leading envoy to the global coalition against ISIS has said.
“Our mission is to make sure any foreign fighter who is here, who joined ISIS from a foreign country and came into Syria, they will die here in Syria,” Brett McGurk, the Special Presidential Envoy for the Global Coalition to Counter ISIS, told media, as reported by The Daily Mail.
His remarks came after Kurdish-led forces captured the ISIS capital of Raqqa last week.
“So if they’re in Raqqa, they’re going to die in Raqqa,” McGurk added.
McGurk’s announcement follows that of French Defense Minister Florence Parly. “What we want is to go to the end of this combat, she told reporters, “And, of course, if jihadists die in the fighting, then I’d say it’s for the best.”
The British also agree.
“They are absolutely dedicated, as members of the Islamic State, towards the creation of a caliphate,” Rory Stewart, Minister of State for Africa at the Foreign and Commonwealth Office told BBC Radio 5 Live.
“They believe in an extremely hateful doctrine which involves killing themselves, killing others and trying to use violence and brutality to create an 8th Century, or 7th Century, state. So I’m afraid we have to be serious about the fact these people are a serious danger to us, and unfortunately, the only way of dealing with them will be, in almost every case, to kill them.”
“These are people who are executing people in the back of their heads, who have held women and children hostage, who are torturing and murdering, trying by violence to impose their will. Our response has to be, when somebody does that, I’m afraid, to deal with that.”…
Mary Kekatos Dailymail.com (UK) 28 October 2017
More than 120 Americans who were recruited to fight for ISIS are unaccounted for, according to a new report.
This week, the Soufran Center – a Washington-based security intelligence consultancy – released ‘Beyond the Caliphate: Foreign Fighters and the Threat of Returnees’. In the report, the agency said that at least 5,600 citizens or residents from 33 countries have returned home, making up approximately 15 per cent of ISIS’s fighters…
Chidanand Rajghatta The Times of India Oct 28, 2017
WASHINGTON: The United States on Friday issued its direst warning to Pakistan to roll up terrorist groups operating in the country and end the establishment support for such groups, warning that if Islamabad chose not to act, Washington will find ways to achieve its objectives.
Days after US Secretary of States Rex Tillerson stopped in Islamabad+ for four hours to deliver a blunt message that American support to Pakistan was “conditions-based,” Senior US officials who accompanied him on the trip signaled that Washington had devised other ways to achieve its objective of eliminating terrorist groups and stabilising Afghanistan.
“It’s up to them whether or not they want to work with us,” acting assistant secretary of state for South Asia Alice Wells told reporters. “And if they don’t … then we’ll adjust accordingly.”
In language that echoed that cryptic warning+ , State Department spokesperson Heather Nauert told PTI that the US will “adjust” its tactics and strategies to achieve the objective in a “different way.”
Dismissing Pakistan’s bogus narrative – largely for its domestic consumption – that India and US are backing terror groups in Afghanistan that are attacking Pakistan, Wells said Washington wanted Pakistan to show the same commitment it made to defeat militant groups domestically to those threatening Afghanistan or India…
Patrick Dunleavy IPT News October 25, 2017
In the theater of the absurd, often the fool who cries the loudest gets the most attention. That appears to be the case with Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab, better known as the “Underwear Bomber,” for his Christmas Day 2009 attempt to blow up a Northwest flight carrying 289 passengers from Amsterdam to Detroit. The explosive was hidden in his underwear. Authorities believe one of the reasons that the bomb did not go off was because Umar had been wearing the same undergarments for two weeks.
Abdulmutallab was sentenced to four life terms plus 50 years in federal prison. The Attorney General’s Office also put in place Special Administrative Measures (SAMs) designed to prevent him from either committing another terror attack or radicalizing other individuals while incarcerated.
His attorneys filed a 73-page lawsuit last week challenging his conditions of confinement. He complains about the food, the prison cell, the other inmates, correctional staff, religious persecution and the fact that his conditions “prohibit him from having any communication whatsoever with more than 7.5 billion people, the vast majority of people on the planet.” And the reason his lawyers think he deserves better treatment is because he has “behaved well.”
In another words he’s been a good boy and gets along with others.
Let’s not be fooled by his “jailwise” behavior. His conditions of confinement are neither cruel nor unusual. Similar measures have been used effectively on other convicted terrorists, including El-Sayyid Nosair, Omar Abdel Rahman and Ramzi Yousef. The measures are necessary to protect both the inmate and the public at large. They control who visits the inmate, and who the inmate talks with, including his legal counsel. In regard to attorney/client privileged communications we should remember that Lynne Stewart, the attorney for the Blind Sheik Abdel Rahman, was convicted of relaying secret messages from the sheik to members of his terrorist organization.
Concerning communication with the outside world, it should be noted that El-Sayyid Nosair used both the inmate telephone system and the visitation program in Attica state prison to communicate with co-conspirators plotting to bomb the World Trade Center and other New York landmarks in 1993. Mohammed Salameh, also convicted in the 1993 bombing, was able to smuggle letters out of the Federal SuperMax Prison to Islamic terrorist Mohamed Achraf. Achraf was one of the architects in the 2004 Madrid train bombing that killed 191 people and wounded almost 2,000.
Prison walls are sometimes porous and inmates have been known to use the very privileges given them to continue running criminal organizations while incarcerated. The threat is exponentially greater with incarcerated terrorists…
Elliot Friedland The Clarion Project Thursday, October 26, 2017
There were 443 convicted terrorists imprisoned in the United States (as of April 2016), according to The New York Times. They are serving sentences for crimes ranging from sharing ISIS propaganda online to carrying out terror attacks on U.S soil.
We are taking a snapshot of some of those people and telling you their stories…
Uh oh… Look at the direction the Democrat Party is going in…
It’s all about claiming victimhood while going on the attack…
I wonder how Abboud’s “abusive and hateful emails” stack up against the ones sent to Republicans… Dave
Dana Liebelson Huffington Post October 26, 2017
Deedra Abboud, an Arizona Democrat, says she has faced Islamophobic threats as a Senate candidate. (Deedra Abboud)
WASHINGTON ― Deedra Abboud, a Democratic candidate for U.S. Senate in Arizona, is happy to see Sen. Jeff Flake (R-Ariz) speak out about what he called “personal attacks, … threats against principles, freedoms, and institutions, [and] flagrant disregard for truth or decency,” an apparent criticism of President Donald Trump. But Flake, who announced he would not run for re-election Tuesday, should have spoken out sooner, she argues.
“Speaking out, that’s great,” Abboud, who calls herself a “proud American-Muslim woman,” told HuffPost in an interview. But it “would have been better if we could have combated the rhetoric at the time and stood up as Americans and said, ‘This is not the direction we need to be going.’”
Abboud, a Phoenix attorney and civil rights advocate who’s facing U.S. Rep. Kyrsten Sinema and others in the Democratic primary for Flake’s seat, decided to run in part because she was concerned about politicians “throwing communities under the bus for political gain,” she said, and not just in the U.S. presidential race. (Though, during his presidential campaign, Trump called some Mexican immigrants “rapists” and vowed to ban Muslims from entering the United States.) Leaders like Flake were allowing this rhetoric to “prosper and go unchallenged” by not standing up, she added.
As president, Trump has continued to push for policies criticized as anti-Muslim while also failing to convincingly denounce white supremacists.
Abboud has personally faced Islamophobia during her campaign, receiving hundreds of abusive and hateful comments online…
Fox News Insider October 27, 2017
New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio (D) and Philadelphia Mayor James Kenney (D) are planning to ignore a Sunday deadline to provide critical information to ICE on their sanctuary city status.
The Justice Department is demanding those cities prove that they are not impeding federal immigration investigations, James Rosen reported.
ICE said their enforcement posture is endangering their citizens…
Stephen Dinan The Washington Times Thursday, October 26, 2017
The government apologized Thursday for illegally targeting tea party groups for intrusive scrutiny and agreed to settlements with hundreds of organizations snared in the targeting, bringing to a close one of the more embarrassing episodes of the Obama administration.
Attorney General Jeff Sessions said the IRS owed the groups an apology after years of poor treatment and even longer refusal to concede bad behavior. He placed blame on “the last administration,” saying the targeting that went on under President Obama “was wrong and should never have occurred.”
One of the settlement agreements, filed in federal court in Washington, D.C., officially admits that the IRS singled out groups because of their political beliefs, in defiance of the law. The other settlement, in a class-action lawsuit in Ohio, includes a “generous” payout to more than 400 groups snared, according to a lawyer involved.
“There is no excuse for this conduct,” Mr. Sessions said in a statement. “Hundreds of organizations were affected by these actions, and they deserve an apology from the IRS.”
As of Thursday morning, however, the groups said they had yet to get such an apology.
“A true reckoning is finally up to the agency itself. Until the IRS itself steps forward to admit what really happened, we cannot have faith that the same abuse won’t be repeated again,” said Edward Greim, the lawyer who handled the class-action lawsuit for NorCal Tea Party Patriots and more than 400 other groups.
There are still some parts to the cases outstanding. Mr. Greim and his team managed to depose former senior IRS executive Lois G. Lerner during the four years his case ran, but those transcripts remain sealed along with records of the deposition of another employee, Holly Paz. The two women have told a judge they fear for their safety if their testimony is released.
But on Wednesday the Cincinnati Enquirer asked the court to make those records public, as well as unredacted court documents that refer to the testimony.
The settlements end two separate lawsuits covering more than 450 groups identified by the IRS as having been snared in the targeting.
The vast majority of them are conservative-leaning groups which began to see long delays, intrusive questioning and other illegal scrutiny when they applied for tax-exempt status as either 501(c)(3) or 501(c)(4) organizations beginning in 2009.
In the new filings the singled out Ms. Lerner for particular blame in the scheme, saying she “failed” to stop the targeting going on by her employees, and further failed to alert higher-ups at headquarters in Washington — where she also worked — of the problems.
That’s a major shift from before, where the Justice Department — far from blaming Ms. Lerner — actually credited her with being a hero, saying she tried to stop the targeting when she became aware of it…
Fox News October 28, 2017
Sara Carter of Circa News provides insight
The House Intelligence Committee said Saturday it has struck a deal to gain access to bank records from Fusion GPS, the firm behind the salacious anti-Trump dossier.
The company had recently attempted to block the committee’s subpoena for its banking records.
“The parties have reached an agreement related to the House Intelligence Committee’s subpoena for Fusion GPS’s bank records that will secure the Committee’s access to the records necessary for its investigation,” the intelligence committee said in a statement released Saturday.
Lawmakers for months have been trying to investigate the origin of the salacious anti-Trump dossier, which claimed the Russian government had compromising material on President Trump. It was provided to journalists and the FBI last year, when Trump was still a Republican candidate.
Over the last week, it was revealed that Fusion GPS was retained last year by Marc E. Elias, an attorney representing the DNC and the Clinton campaign. The firm then hired former British intelligence officer Christopher Steele to write the dossier…
Cynthia Farahat The Clarion Project Monday, October 9, 2017
Al Azhar University, the world’s largest Sunni Islamic educational institution, is where many of the world’s most brutal terrorists received their formal religious training. This is to be expected, given the nature of the material taught there.
Al Azhar has thousands of affiliated mosques, schools, learning centers and universities around the world, such as the Islamic American University in Michigan. The institution has also been unofficially controlled by the Muslim Brotherhood for decades.
According to the most recent data released by the Egyptian government, there were 297,000 students studying at Al Azhar University in 2013 and 2014. In 2015, there were 39,000 foreign students studying at Al Azhar. These students are taught the theological legitimacy of cannibalizing infidels, gruesome ways to torture non-Muslims to death, and the importance of raping and humiliating non-Muslim women.
This explains why numerous Egyptian public figures and intellectuals have called for a terrorism investigation of Al Azhar University. For example, Egyptian historian Sayyid Al-Qemany called upon the Egyptian government to designate Al Azhar University as terrorist organization.
In 2015, El-Youm el-Sabi, an Egyptian newspaper, published an investigative report about the curriculum at the university. According to the report, one of the books, called al-Iqn’a fi Hal Alfaz ibn Abi Shoga’a (Convincing Arguments According to Abi Shoga’a), taught to al-Azhar’s high school students states, “Any Muslim can kill an apostate and eat him, as well kill infidel warriors even if they are young or female and they can also be eaten, because they are not granted any protection.”
On the treatment of non-Muslims, the report quotes the same book as saying, “To preserve one’s self from the evil of an infidel, any Muslim can gouge their eyes out, or mutilate their hands and legs, or sever one arm and one leg.”
Even Muslims aren’t safe from Al Azhar’s teachings. According to the same the report, another book states, “Any Muslim is allowed to kill a fornicator, a warrior, or a [Muslim] who misses prayer, even without permission of the [ruling] imam.”…
One more example of how Islam keeps women down and out of sight…
This crackdown comes in part from Al Azhar University, the most authoritative university in the Sunni world…
Where’s the women’s liberation movement on this???
Why aren’t they speaking out against Al Azhar University??? Dave
Fox News October 25, 2017
Egyptian officials are cracking down – on beauty pageants.
Beauty competitions long have been controversial in Egypt, with opposition coming from a wide range of sources, including religious organizations and government officials. Recently, the home of the founder of a beauty contest was set on fire shortly before the event was scheduled to take place.
Now, the subject has moved front and center again, with a member of the parliamentary Human Rights Committee pushing a ban on the Miss Egypt Pageant, which the official condemned as a national security threat.
Solaf Darwish, the parliament member, and several other government officials want more control over pageants if they are to continue, according to published reports.
“Miss Egypt Pageant 2017 has stirred public discontent,” said Darwish to Al-Monitor. “There were videos of the contestants in their bedrooms and in fitting rooms, which does not blend with the values and traditions of Egyptian society.”
Religious organizations also are weighing in, hoping to up the ante against beauty contests.
Al-Azhar’s Senior Scholars Committee, a group whose website says its mission includes carrying “the burden and the responsibility of protecting and preserving the purity, moderation, and modesty of Islam over the centuries,” has expressed total opposition to the basic concept of beauty competitions, saying they violate Sharia laws…
This is how dangerous the Islamic concept of honor is… Dave
Meira Svirsky The Clarion Project Thursday, October 26, 2017
In a twist to the concept of honor killing, a father in Turkey killed himself live on Facebook after claiming his family had dishonored him in connection with his daughter’s upcoming marriage, the Daily Mail reported.
Ayhun Uzun, 54, from the city of Kayseri in located in central Turkey, was furious that his daughter had not sought his approval before getting engaged.
In a rant on Facebook Live, he further complained, “’Nobody asked about me. Nobody treated me like a man. My father-in-law took my place and without having a right he approved my daughter’s wedding.
“Nobody said this girl’s father is alive. Though I would have waited for my daughter and family to say to me: ‘Come father, be with us.’”
Instead, he said the family called him and said, “Father come have a treat.”
While family members sent messages on Facebook imploring him not to go through with it, Uzun continued, “Maybe some of you will call this a show. I do not want anybody to go through this thing that I am going through.
“I am livestreaming tonight, and it is my will, I do not want the ones who put me in this position to attend my funeral.”
Uzun then took out a pistol and said his last words: “Goodbye, I am leaving, take good care of yourselves.” He then counted to three and reportedly shot himself…
Associated Press October 28, 2017
MOGADISHU, Somalia – The Latest on explosions in Somalia’s capital (all times local):
5:55 pm: A police officer says at least two people are dead and more than eight others are wounded after a suspected suicide car bomb detonated outside a hotel in Somalia’s capital, Mogadishu.
Capt. Mohamed Hussein says gunfire can be heard inside the Nasa-Hablod hotel, which is frequented by politicians and other members of the city’s elite. A second blast was heard in the area minutes after the first.
Saturday’s blast comes two weeks after more than 350 people were killed in a massive truck bombing on a busy Mogadishu street in the country’s worst-ever attack…
Latest posts by Dave Bailey (see all)
- Islam Update: Sayfullo Saipov, NYC Terror Suspect - November 23, 2017
- Islam Update: Trump Crackdown on Sanctuary Cities Blocked - November 22, 2017
- Islam Update: IS Militants Evacuate Last Stronghold in Syria to Government - November 11, 2017