Obama’s “flexibility” message also heard in the Middle East
There have been many times over the past few years when I have called attention to the Islamist-friendly policies of President Obama, ranging from his Cairo address to the Muslim world to his administration’s characterization of the Muslim Brotherhood as “largely secular.” But I have never before seen the President make a 180-degree reversal and stab an ally in the back – as he has done in numerous ways to Israel in the past few days. Because the betrayals tend to be reported in separate articles, it can be difficult to add them up and fully appreciate how outrageous they are.
To put it in a nutshell, President Obama is starting to act more like an ally of Iran than of Israel. It’s that jaw-droppingly incredible.
To fully appreciate this betrayal, let’s start by contrasting Obama’s words from the beginning of his term to what he or his administration says today:
- NOW: “Our position on Jerusalem has not changed…It’s permanent status issue has to be resolved through negotiations…We are not going to prejudge the outcome of those negotiations”
- THEN: “the President has given Iran a Sept. 15 deadline to respond positively to his offer of negotiations, or face a heightening of sanctions.”
- NOW: “Obama administration officials now believe that the ‘submerged’ aspect of the Israeli-Azerbaijani alliance — the security cooperation between the two countries — is heightening the risks of an Israeli strike on Iran…’The Israelis have bought an airfield,’ a senior administration official told me in early February, ‘and the airfield is called Azerbaijan.’”
- NOW: To Russian President Medvedev: “This is my last election. And after my election I’ll have more flexibility.”
These last two statements by President Obama deserves special attention: First, his administration publicly handed Iran vital strategic military information. Next, in discreet words to Russian President Medvedev, he suggested that the Russians could expect a favorable deal on missile defense if they’d simply wait until after Obama is safely reelected this November. This missile defense program, which Russia has been resisting, is intended to protect Israel and Europe from an Iranian rocket attack. More bluntly, Obama is talking with Medvedev about selling out America’s Israeli and European allies.
What is even more frightening about this message is how it will play in Tehran because Obama has said he opposes an Iranian nuclear weapon, not a nuclear capability. This message give the leaders of the Islamic Republic every reason to believe that if they simply hold off any display of a nuclear bomb until after November, they will be able to develop their capability, which will make it easy for them to quickly assemble a nuclear weapon whenever they please. If fully developed with adequate supplies of enriched uranium, this capability will result in an unstoppable ability to assemble a bomb sometime after our November election.
In fact, the principle of a uranium bomb is so simple that such bombs can be built and used as weapons without prior testing. This is what actually happened with the Hiroshima bomb, a uranium bomb of different design from the plutonium bomb successfully tested a few weeks earlier in the New Mexico desert. The American military was so confident that the uranium bomb dropped on Hiroshima would work that they felt no need to even try it out first.
The Obama Administration has, with a few deft actions, both damaged Israel’s ability to prevent Iran from developing nuclear weapons and improved Iran’s prospects for launching nuclear missiles at Israel and Europe!
As you can see from this video of the organizers of the militant “March to Jerusalem,” Israel is already being attacked on all sides – literally. As you read the article below, ask yourself what President Obama is doing to stand by Israel, which he’s claimed to have done more for than any other administration.
Anyone whom Obama stands with should beware of getting a knife in the back.
In the wake of the innocuous-sounding “Arab Spring” that has brought openly Jew-hating Islamists to power in the Middle East, Israel’s enemies everywhere smell blood. Twice last year her borders were breached by mobs seeking violent confrontation, which they achieved as the Israelis defended against the invasion. Recently a global program designed to demonize the tiny democracy, called Israeli Apartheid Week, revved up further anti-Israel sentiment. And now on March 30, an Iranian-backed protest march will attempt to storm Israel’s borders again in an effort to take Jerusalem – or at the very least to draw fire, enabling the marchers and the complicit media to denounce Israel’s “brutality” against “peaceful” protesters. read on
Latest posts by Dave Bailey (see all)
- Islam Update: IS Militants Evacuate Last Stronghold in Syria to Government - November 11, 2017
- Jihad Report: Diversity Immigration Lottery - November 6, 2017
- Islam Update: NYC Terror Attack - November 2, 2017